Ways to Use the Total Gym Padded Squat Stand and Toe Bar Combo
Slim and tone your legs, add definition to your upper body, and strengthen your core with the Total Gym Padded Squat Stand accessory! If you are used to using the standard squat stand, this new accessory will add comfort for your extremities while you perform a wide variety of cardio and strength exercises.
The Padded Squat Stand offers a larger surface area to comfortably place your feet while targeting different angles of your leg muscles. It also provides extra cushioning to absorb low impact movements to protect your joints.
This unique design gives you a two for one product that enables you to quickly transform into the Toe Bar setting. The Padded Toe Bar allows for specific exercises that target upper and lower body strength as well as core stability and control.
If you do not have this feature already for your Total Gym you can get it here!
Padded Squat Stand and Toe Bar Workout
I’ve created an excellent sequence of exercises that utilize the Padded Squat Stand and Toe Bar. The exercises listed combine cardio and strength movements to work your entire body in different ranges of motion. Go ahead and give it a try!
Condition, strengthen and tone the entire body utilizing the Padded Squat Stand and Toe Bar accessory.
Aim to perform this workout 2 – 3 days per week.
- Total Gym
- Accessories: Padded Squat Stand & Toe Bar
Begin with a Dynamic Warm Up
- Choose four exercises that move your body in all ranges of motion and prepare you for the workout.
- Perform each exercise for a minute each, and then move directly into the workout sequence.
Perform the workout in Circuit Format
- The workout consists of seven total body exercises.
- Perform the exercises in the listed order for 15 reps each and then transition to the next exercise with little to no rest between exercises.
- Continue this pattern until all the exercises are completed.
- Repeat the sequence as many times as you’d like to fit into your schedule.
End with a Cool Down
- Perform your own set of stretches for at least three minutes post workout to lengthen and recover your muscles for the next session!
- Warm Up: Four minutes
- Workout: One time through takes roughly seven minutes to complete the circuit.
- Cool Down: 3+ minutes
- Jumping jacks
- Mountain climbers
- Any full body movement works!
Padded Squat Stand Exercises
Total Gym Set Up: High incline, Padded Squat Stand attached
- Challenges the cardiovascular system
- Lower body muscles
Single Leg Lateral Hops
- Challenges the cardiovascular system
- Lower body muscles of the outer thigh
Padded Toe Bar Exercises
Total Gym Set Up: Medium incline, remove Squat Stand to the Toe Bar setting
Running in Place
- Stretches and strengthens the plantar flexors of the foot and calves,
- Strengthens the knee and hip extensors
- Increases circulation
- Maintains optimal function and range of motion of the foot
Single Leg Bridge Kicks
- Isolates and strengthen glutes
- Develops core strength and stability
- Lengthens and stretches hamstrings
- Develops coordination
- Strengthens triceps
- Develops shoulder stability
- Core control
- Dynamic strength
- Flexibility of the entire body
- Strengthens shoulders
- Back extensors
- Increases scapular stability
- Improves shoulder
- Hamstring flexibility
- Develops core strength
- Stabilization of the spine
- Develops shoulder extensor strength
- Improves thoracic spine mobility
- Strengthens and lengthens core
- Conditions torso stability
Perform your own post workout stretches to recover and lengthen the muscles worked and prepare them for the next workout.
Check out the video to see how to perform these exercises with correct form!
The Padded Squat Stand accessory is a total game changer when it comes to performing specific movements and drills on your Total Gym. Its comfort and ease of use can help you master challenging movements efficiently.
Learning how to perform these exercises correctly is the ultimate goal. They can be performed as a single workout as listed in this blog or incorporated into your current routine. Have fun with them and challenge your body to its full potential.