Welcome to the Holidays!
This time of year is hard for everyone to get to workouts. It’s a time for meeting with family and eating tons of food that can make it hard to keep up your healthy living efforts.
Here is an interesting fact: studies have shown that people tend to gain weight the week AFTER the holidays, so that means you should have a good plan to start hitting your workout hard that week. Use the short workout below and watch the video and you will be so much ahead of the game for the New Year!
The first workout is a short cardio workout. It’s perfect before the holiday feasting when you have only 5-10 minutes and need to just get a workout in.
The whole workout uses what I feel is the most underused Total Gym exercise, the Cardio Pull!
I love this exercise because it has plenty of variations, works out the whole body and provides an effective cardio routine.
Points to remember
- Make sure there is a correct distance between your body and the cables! Your arms should be able to extend without the cables going loose.
- Your incline should be at a medium or high level.
- Movements should be smooth and the cable shouldn’t make a rattling sound.
- Use 1 minute intervals – start with 30 seconds, but try to build up to 1 minute!
- Pull your navel into the glideboard and make sure to breathe out.
This routine is a perfect warm up for your regular workout routines too.
Remember, it may seem easy at first. By the end of the third round you should have your heart rate up really high. If not, then raise your glideboard. This series is an endurance developer. Use it regularly and you will notice your workouts will get easier FAST!
For more tips and info on how to use your Total Gym, visit my website https://brianstotalgymlab.com