Sweet sugar gum drops! You have made it to the 12th Day of the Fitness Challenge! This is something to be proud of for many reasons.
- You have committed to a consistent routine for a set period of days.
- You developed a schedule that works for you and has hopefully transitioned into a habit that continues into the New Year.
- You motivated and remained dedicated to take on the 12-Day Challenge.
- You had the courage, patience, and inner strength to persevere.
- You have gained knowledge and built confidence within yourself.
For all of these reasons, you should feel a sense of gratitude for all of you’ve achieved.
Be grateful for the little things and cherish the big accomplishments.
Accomplishing a goal develops confidence, courage, and fills you with strength to want to obtain more. What are you goals for the New Year???
I suggest you take a moment while your spirits are in high drive and write down some obtainable goals that will carry you into a healthy New Year.
12 DAYS OF FITNESS RECAP
- The daily workouts are designed to focus on a different muscle group each day.
- Follow the prescribed reps and sets as directed for the workout.
- Challenge your strength level.
- Complete the “Ultimate Challenge” by the end of the day!
12 DAY’S OF FITNESS SCHEDULE
12th Day of Fitness: Total Body
You now have the entire 12 Days of Fitness Challenge and have the ability to begin it at anytime!
12th DAY OF FITNESS: TOTAL BODY & ULTIMATE CHALLENGE
The sweat is on and you’re at the final day of the 12 Days of Fitness Holiday Challenge. This workout may have you screaming “Son of a Nutcracker”…but stay focused and accomplish what you have been working hard to achieve!
We encourage you to take on this 12 Days of Fitness Challenge to keep your spirits high and your body fat low this season. It’s not too late to take on the challenge! If you are just joining in now, please refer to the previous blogs and videos to get the full program details and start from the beginning.
The 12th day is a “total body” workout compiled of 6 exercises chosen from the previous 3 days. Therefore, you should be familiar with these movements.
Note: We chose the “total body” exercises for you, however, if there are ones you prefer doing instead, choose 2 exercises from each 3-day block (days 9-11) to create your own “total body challenge”.
- The 12th day of Fitness challenges the TOTAL BODY.
- Perform 20 reps, 1 set of each exercises listed below.
- Complete the “ULTIMATE CHALLENGE” by the end of the day!
- Adjust the incline to accommodate and challenge your strength level.
Equipment needed: Total Gym
Begin each workout with a dynamic warm-up & conclude with a cool down.
- Warm-up: Perform a 3-minute dynamic warm-up
(Ex: jumping jacks, squats, lunge & twist, etc.)
- Cool Down: Conclude each workout with a series of stretches to recover and lengthen the muscles worked. (Ex: runners lunge, figure 4, forward fold, down-dog, etc.)
TOTAL BODY EXERCISES
- Step up cross overs
- Sticky feet
- Leap overs
- Incline forearm knee tucks
- Biceps/ triceps equilibrium
- Press ups
- PLANK HOLD: 3 minutes (180 sec)
- SQUATS: 150 reps
LUNGES: 75 reps per leg (300 total)
- PUSH-UP PIKE-UP: 24 consecutive reps
Be sure to check out the video to see how these exercises are performed!
This is your time to shine! You have worked so hard and have accomplished so much by taking on a consistent physical challenge, especially during a busy time of the year! Be proud of all you have achieved and excited for proving that you can do anything you put your energy and mind towards!
Best to you and your family during this Holiday Season.
Merry Fitness, Happy Sweating, and Cheers to the New Year ahead!
Maria & Mark
WORD OF THE DAY: Grateful