Take the sleigh by the reins and charge your spirits ahead by keeping a steady sweat schedule during the holidays. Holidays can be busy and quite stressful with many things to do, but making time for yourself will keep your energy going strong, your spirits soaring high, and your body feeling great.
This 12 Days of Fitness Challenge not only keeps you committed to a daily workout schedule, but it also keeps you focused on a goal to achieve. The daily challenges are quick workouts that tone, strengthen, and get your booty in gear during the holidays.
It takes patience and persistence to make magic happen. This is true for anything… your holiday tasks, your work, and most importantly, your health. Think of it this way, the more you move, the more you burn, the better you feel and can enjoy the festivities without guilt!
Be patient and persistent in all you do. In doing so, you will succeed.
12 DAYS OF FITNESS CHALLENGE
The 12-day series is meant to start easy and build upon one another into more intense challenges as you go. The moves are simple, but you can advance them to challenge your own fitness level. Starting with simple moves will ensure you stay on track. After the first few days, the series will get more intense to allow you to improve upon what you started.
- The daily workouts are designed to focus on a different muscle group each day.
- Follow the prescribed reps and sets as directed each workout.
- Challenge your strength level each workout.
- Complete the ‘Daily Challenge’ by the end of each day.
th DAY OF FITNESS CHALLENGE: LEGS & CARDIO
This is day number 9 of the holiday challenge; if you’re just joining in now, please refer to the 1st Day’s blog and video to get the full program details. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
The reps and sets have changed for the next 4 days! So, pay close attention to these details. This will step up the intensity for the final days leading up to the Ultimate Challenge!
Equipment needed: Total Gym
- The 9th day of Fitness challenges the LEGS & CARDIO.
- This workout incorporates moves off of the Total Gym to get your heart rate up.
- Perform 20 reps, 1 set of each exercises listed below.
- Complete the “Daily Challenge” by the end of each day.
- Adjust the incline to accommodate and challenge your strength level.
Begin each workout with a dynamic warm-up & conclude with a cool down.
- Warm up: Perform a 3-minute dynamic warm up to prepare your muscles in all ranges of motion. (Ex: jumping jacks, squat knee up, lunge & twist, etc.)
- Cool Down: Conclude each workout with a series of stretches to recover and lengthen the muscles worked. Stretching prevents injury and prepares you for the next workout! (Ex: runners lunge, figure 4, forward fold, down-dog, etc.)
LEGS & CARDIO EXERCISES
- Step up cross overs
- Sticky feet
- Lunge drops
- PLANK HOLD: 2 minutes, 15 seconds (135 sec)
- SQUATS: 125 reps
Check out the video to see how these exercises are performed!
Stay tuned for the 10th Day of Fitness Challenge.
WORDS OF THE DAY: Patience & Persistence