Why 5 Minutes is More Than Enough Time for A Good Workout
Wanting to lose extra weight on your body? Well I have the perfect solution for you: a 5-minute, fat-blasting Total Gym workout!
If you had 5 minutes free each day, would you actually use that time to work out? Most people think that a 5-minute workout just won’t produce results, and would probably find other things to do during that free time with. But it can, and when time is a problem and you’re working towards your goals, the best solution is to have a “something is better than nothing” attitude.
Whether you simply just don’t have time, lack motivation, are tired from work or can’t make it to the gym, this 5 minute Total Gym workout routine will challenge your body with a fast acting, fat-burning cardio workout and get your body moving in the right direction! Five minutes doesn’t mean it’s a simple workout: you will need to work hard to rev up your fat burners and push strong through every exercise!
Revving up the calories burned during a workout essentially increases your metabolism to keep the fat stores burning while you are doing other daily activities. In order to blast fat off of the body, I have designed a workout that contains a balance of total body strength with functional dynamic cardio movements to burn unwanted fat in a short time period.
What is the best kind of fat-burning workout?
This is really a personal preference but as a trainer, I find the best results to be short bursts of high intensity exercises performed in intervals. I also suggest varying your workouts by changing the intensities, the reps performed, the workout style (meaning change up the routine each time), and vary the workout goals.
I will say that finding time for something is better than nothing and in due time, results will happen! It just depends what is important to you each day and what you make as a priority.
5 minute Fat Burning Total Gym Workout Plan…
Perform the following exercises one after the other to keep the heart rate up and accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.
Repeat this combination as time permits. If you have a longer than 5-minute time frame, increase the reps, do more sets, or customize this workout to work an area of the body you want to focus on.
Fat Burning Quick Warm up
(see the accompanying video)
*Squat Stand on, Incline 8
Dynamic movements on floor
– Side to Side Rotations
– Toe Touches
– Alternating Knee Lifts
Dynamic movements on Total Gym
– Squats (narrow, wide, turnout stance)
– Squat jumps
– Single leg jumps
– 10 Pull ups
– 10 Back Extensions
Fat Burning Cardio Combo
*Squat Stand off, Incline 1-4
4 Jump Squats out/ in
4 Reverse Lunges right leg
4 Double Knee Tucks
4 Reverse Lunges left leg
Cardio Killer: Roll Back Crunch, roll up 180 hop flip, plank rollout, 180 hop flip (REPEAT 1 minute)
Extras for Fat Burning Results
Along with a good workout routine, being practical with your daily habits also plays a big part in losing fat and achieving a great physique. Here is a list of things to consider when giving it your “all” to rid the unwanted fat for good:
1. Live a healthy lifestyle – If you want to lose fat and keep it off, make changes to accommodate your lifestyle and that you can live with every day.
2. Take in fewer calories than you burn- Determine how many calories you consume daily and how many calories you expend through daily exercise. There are simple formulas you can do to figure this out.
a. Calculate your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)= bodyweight (lb) x 13
b. Determine calories burned through exercise
c. Add the total RMR to the calories burned during exercise
d. You should aim to have your calorie intake fall below the total of that final calculation
3. Drink Water- Drink at least 1 ounce of water per 2 pounds of bodyweight a day. This helps flush the body of toxins. Remember to always keep a water bottle with you!
4. Sleep more- Sleeping about 6-8 hours a night will assist in fat reduction. Losing sleep can alter hormone production, which affects your cortisol levels. Cortisol causes insulin sensitivity and can result in fat around the middle!
5. Stay away from Sugar- Sugar is the enemy. There is no nutritional value in it and it is the primary cause of many diseases. After sugar is ingested it spikes your insulin stores and your energy levels crash. Sugar is also converted and stored as excess fat. Choose protein, vegetables, and whole grains instead! Remember a moment on the lips, forever on the hips!
6. Stay away from Dairy- It may taste good going down, but may cause bloat and be stored as fat around the middle, especially if you are lactose intolerant. Just a thought…
Good Luck with this fat blasting workout and with turning your body into a fat burning machine with the Total Gym.
Leg Curl Excercises with Christie Brinkley: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/leg-curl-exercises/
Healthy Eating on a Budget: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/eating-on-a-budget/
Top 5 Snacks for Your Post-Workout Routine: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/post-workout-snacks/
How To Add Inverted Exercises to Your Total Gym Workout: https://totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-blog/added-inverted-exercises-total-gym-workout/