Get Swimsuit Ready in 6 Weeks
The scenario: The weather is getting warmer so you venture into your closet, weeding through all the winter clothes, to find something that shows more skin. We’re talking shorts, sleeveless tops, sundresses and yikes, a swimsuit! The thought of slipping on last year’s bikini makes you cringe. We’ve all been there: “There’s no way I’m about to try that on or even go shopping for something new!”
The reality: If you’re not happy with how you look or feel right now it can change in just 6 weeks time. With the right frame of mind and a clear plan of action to follow, you’ll be swimsuit ready in no time!
How To Get Mentally And Physically Summer Ready In 6-Weeks
You may ask, “can I really get a swimsuit-ready body in 6 weeks?” The answer is yes! If you consistently follow this program and also eat a clean nutritious diet each day, you will see results!
The best workout plan to accomplish your goal of a swimsuit-ready body is one that includes a combination of strength, cardio, core, and flexibility along with eating a proper diet. Changing the routine slightly each week is not only more entertaining for your mind but it keeps your muscles guessing. This is what gets results and prepares your whole body for success!
Get Mentally Prepared
1. Create a plan of action
• Take time to devise a plan that will work for your schedule. Include a healthy diet plan, exercise plan, and write down specific goals that you want to accomplish.
2. Follow through
• Have the right mindset to deliver the results you want. It may take a takes a few days to get accustomed to your new schedule, but once you adjust you will start to get used to the results you have made.
3. Work it out
• Incorporate strength, cardio, and flexibility training into your routine and be sure to change it up by adding different exercises and equipment to the mix
4. Learn your body
• Beginning anything new is always a challenge. Not every program is right for everyone. If you try something and see that it is working then stick with it! If you feel it’s not the right plan for you then you can always try something different. Knowing what your body needs and wants is a combination of trial and error.
5. Develop confidence
• Feeling confident about your body is very important when striving for success.
6. Believe in yourself
• Nothing is better than accomplishing something you set out to achieve, you have to believe in yourself to get there!
Get Physically Prepared
Now that you know how to motivate your mind, here is what to do with your body!
I have devised a series of workouts to do each week consisting of strength circuits and cardio/ strength intervals. On the off days, you should do your own cardio, core, and flexibility workout routines.
Follow the workout routine for each day on the calendar provided. Each week I will provide you with a new strength circuit and cardio/ strength interval to change up the routine and challenge your body for maximum results. Therefore, it leaves the thinking up to me and the doing up to you!
Equipment: You will need either a Total Gym or free weights. This 6-week program is devised to utilize the Total Gym equipment. If you don’t a Total Gym currently, think of getting one, but no worries, you can still perform similar exercises with hand weights to mimic the movements.
*NOTE: Please refer to the calendar for the appropriate week’s workout plan and look for the new workouts for the next week. A video of the exercises will also be provided weekly.
How it works: Perform the exercises back-to-back, with 30-60 seconds of rest between moves (as needed). Complete the entire circuit 2-3 times total, resting up to 90 seconds between circuits.
Week 1: Total Gym Routine
TG BLAST & BURN: cardio & strength intervals
Single Leg Jump Squats
1. Plié Squats
• Jump Squats
• Air Jumps
2. Side Squat | Outer Thigh
*Single Leg Jump Squats
3. Pull Ups
4. Glute Presses
Incline 3-4, Connect the pulley
5. Chest Fly
* Jump Lunges
6. Biceps | Triceps | Shoulder Circle
* Plié Jumps
7. Seated Rotation
Incline 8, Disconnect the pulley
8. Back Extension | Rotations
9. Leg Lowers
REPEAT Blast & Burn 2-3 sets
TG TOTAL STRENGTH: full body strength
1. Plié Squats
2. Leg Lowers
3. Pull Up
4. Back Extension | Rotations
5. Glute Presses
6. Biceps | Triceps | Shoulder Circles
7. Chest Fly
8. Seated Rotation
9. Side Squat | Outer Thigh
REPEAT Strength Circuit 2-3 sets
Do any cardio activity (cycling, walking, running, dancing, etc.) for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on your schedule. This will help improve your overall fitness level, which burns extra fat calories and will assist in achieving overall results.
You might say, “Do I really need to stretch?” Yes! You do! It is just as important as exercising and it should be done after every workout. Stretching should be incorporated into your program because it:
1. Prevents injury
2. Relieves muscle soreness and pain
3. Improves circulation
4. Reduces stress and anxiety
5. Prepares you for your next workout
Please include at least a 5-10 minutes cool down or stretch at the end of your workout. Hold each stretch or pose for at least a few seconds. Something is better than nothing!
Whether you’re bored with your routine or just looking to get in better shape for the summer season, I’m confident that this swimsuit-ready workout plan will provide you with a set routine that will help you to look and feel your best in just 6 weeks’ time!
Send me questions, feedback, and good luck!