2020 VISIONMaria Sollon, MS, CSCS
Are you resolution ready with your 2020 vision that will set your goals soaring into success?
I often wonder where does the time go?! Entering into a new decade is kinda a big deal! It’s overwhelming yet exciting at the same time. There is so much to accomplish and look forward to, yet how do you make it all happen?
Rather than reflect on what you should have done, wished you did or didn’t do, let’s start this new decade with a fresh new start to live your best life with the best version of yourself.
So I ask you, how are you setting the tone for 2020? Out with the bad (habits)… and in with the good (better habits)!
GOOD-BYE 2019The new year is a chance to re-center your true focus and leave behind what you no longer want.
Here’s a few ‘things’ to leave behind in 2019:
2. Toxic habits
5. Breaking promises
6. Judging or comparing
7. Negative self talk & self doubt
8. Caring about what others think
9. Saying ‘yes’ too much to please everyone
10. Lack of staying committed to your health and fitness
Instead of letting these goal inhibitors follow you into the new year, this is a great time to re-focus to make better choices and improve habits that will impact your life in a positive way.
HELLO 2020Let’s let 2020 represent your new self... and you’re going to look and feel fantastic! Being able to envision what you want to accomplish and succeed in will help you set the tone for the new year.
Here are some goals that you can use as a starting point to inspire, motivate, and customize to create your own 2020 vision.
1. Make healthier dietary choices
2. Read, listen, and be informed (from books to podcasts to educational courses)
3. Take on a new hobby or improve in an activity you already enjoy
5. Visualize your goals
6. Change up your workouts
7. Plan a vacation
8. Spend quality time with loved ones
9. Keep a daily journal
10. Pre-schedule your day to ensure you stick to the things you may otherwise avoid
RESOLUTION READYNo matter what your goals are for 2020, you should be as specific as possible. Also, the more feasible and measurable you make your goals, the chances of you sticking with your plan will increase dramatically. To best accomplish this, I suggest a simple exercise of brainstorming your thoughts and ambitions to determine what really matters to you. Writing down your goals will help you:
• Visualize what you want to accomplish
• Devise a strategic plan to achieve your goals (include a list of actions and timeline)
• Prioritize the small goals that lead to bigger ones
• As you set forth to accomplish your goals, monitor what’s working or what needs to change
• Add or revise your goals if needed
• Document goal accomplishments, set-backs, or necessary revisions or changes in writing to keep yourself accountable
Visualization is important and will keep your mind motivated along the way. Take a moment and construct your personal 2020 vision list and see where the year takes you!
2020 VISIONS THAT INSPIREI’m always inspired by what motivates others and hope that it will also inspire you to accomplish your set goals. So here’s a short video filled with inspirational words, intentions, and real goals for the new year.
P.S. Resolution Ready Workouts are soon coming your way.
Cheers to a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2020!