2015 Post Holiday Heated Workout Week 1:
“Cardio Pilates with a Kick”
It’s a new year, with new beginnings, and new goals. How about a new workout plan? Lets ring in 2015 with a banging workout series that will get your diet in check, your body burning calories, and a clear slate to focus on your fitness goals!
Making it through the holiday season can be like riding a roller coaster. The joys of reuniting with family gatherings or friends can often be offset by worries such as money, family situations, and extra weight when you step on the scale! You may ask yourself¬; were those cookies and martini’s worth it?
Yes, but now what?
There are moments to enjoy and engage in festivities, but now it’s time to refocus the energy on you and your goals! If getting into better shape is at the top of your New Year Resolution list, then we need to stay motivated and have the right plan of action to make it happen.
Here are a few tips to help set your mind and body in the right direction.
Mindful Tips for the New Year:
- Take time to reflect on what matters. The holiday season can have you running in all directions and eat up lots of your time unless you proactively make time to reflect on what really matters.
- Innovate and Introduce Healthy Meals.
Start inventing healthy meals by experimenting with a variety of vegetables. Preparing your own meals can be simple, fun, and save you extra calories when you know what you’re eating exactly.
- Team Up.
Your family, friends, or co-workers can make a good team to work together and completely daily tasks. It’s important to communicate with others so that you get the help needed. This way, you are not overwhelmed and can find the time for yourself.
- Grab a buddy and get sweating!
Having someone along your side makes you accountable, keeps motivation high, and can add a challenge to push yourself to new levels.
- Join a Group.
Being part of a group keeps you looking forward to something, builds a social network of like interest, and can be fun to accomplish something with others!
Now that we have a few tips to think about, lets get into the workout plan that will get you moving. This is a 4-week series I have developed that focuses on sweating, re-defining, and realigning your body from post-holiday events.
Let’s kick start your fitness routine with this killer fusion of Pilates and cardio kickboxing drills. This is the perfect combination to sweat off the unwanted weight from the holidays and build some lean, toned muscles in the process!
WEEK 1’s WORKOUT DETAILS:
Here’s how the 4-week series works.
– Each week I will provide you with a new set of exercises that are performed on your Total Gym as well as some kickboxing movements done on the floor.
– You will be given two different workouts per week with the option to add a third day by choosing the exercises that were provided from days 1 and 2.
– These exercises will be performed in circuit format, 10-15 reps each, then repeated a few sets through.
Each week builds upon the previous week so that at the end of the 4-week series, you will have many exercises to add to you routine!
* NOTE: Refer to the calendar provided below and watch the accompanying video to see how each exercise is performed!
Before long, it will be time to jump off the post-holiday roller coaster and you will be back into a regular routine. If you manage your time and set realistic goals for yourself, you will be able to celebrate your ongoing commitment to your health, your fitness, and your new beginning of this New Year.
Good Luck this week and I look forward to you tuning in for Week 2’s new Cardio Kick and Pilates workout plan!