Post Holiday Weight Loss Workout: Cardio and Pilates with the Total Gym
Start the New Year off with a new set of goals, focused ambition, and a great workout to get you started! This is the perfect time to realign your thoughts and put your energy towards a specific goal, a new achievement, or positive change for yourself.
Let’s kick-start your fitness routine with this killer combination of Pilates and cardio kickboxing drills. This is the perfect combination to burn off those extra calories from the holidays and build lean, toned muscles in the process!
*NOTE: If you are just joining in now, please refer to the Week 1 post to start from the beginning when it’s convenient for you. It’s never to late to start this program!
How the 4-Week series works:
– Each week I will provide you with a new set of exercises that are performed on your Total Gym as well as some kickboxing movements done on the floor.
– You will be give two different workouts per week with the option to add a third day by choosing the exercises that were provided from days 1 and 2.
– These exercises will be performed in circuit format, 10-15 reps each, then repeated a few sets through.
Each week builds upon the previous week so that at the end of the 4-week series, you will have many exercises to add to you routine!
* NOTE: Refer to the calendar provided below and watch the accompanying video to see how each exercise is performed!
The Week 2 Workout:
Refer to the video for exercise demonstrations.
How To Commit To Your Workout Goals
Making a New Year resolution to lose weight and workout will be short commitment if you’re not prepared to put in the time and energy needed. It may work for a week or two, but people tend to fall back into their old habits.
Some thoughts on making a resolution for 2015:
1. Start with a clean slate: This is your chance to start the year off right. You get a fresh start to make things happen for yourself if you are in control of your actions.
2. Get rid of bad habits: So you have some bad habits! At least you may know what they are and may have the desire to change them. Now is your chance to set the goal and make the change.
3. Aim to achieve: Striving for success is great, but if you set yourself up for failure, it could be a huge let down and set you back. Set yourself up for success by attainable ways to achieve the end result.
Be patient and give yourself a fair chance to lose the weight you may have gained. When your clothes begin to feel a bit looser and your body has more energy, you will know you are making progress! Keep your mind and body on track and be proud of your accomplishments so far!
Good luck this week and I look forward to having you back for Week 3’s Cardio Kick and Pilates plan!