Why You Should Be Circuit Training with the Total Gym
Circuit training is quick, easy, keeps your mind and body occupied while working out. And because circuit training keeps you moving from one exercise to the next, you’re able to maximize your time and be sure that you won’t get bored.
What is Circuit Training?
Circuit training is a great way to see results fast from your workout routine, and is a great workout routine for people who are interested in weight loss, muscle definition, and getting stronger. Because it consists of resistance training, core workouts, cardio exercise or a combination of strength & cardio drills, any good circuit training routine packs a total body workout into a short period of time.
What Are Benefits of Circuit Training?
Circuit training workouts have a number of benefits, but here are just a few that might help you get started:
1. Circuit training routines increase strength and aerobic fitness
2. You can burn a lot of calories in a shorter amount of time by circuit training
3. There’s a lot of variety to the types of exercises you can perform when circuit training across a number of different types of equipment
4. You can structure your workout routines in an almost unlimited number of ways
5. If you’ve hit a plateau with our existing fitness program, circuit training could help you break through it
6. It can be done with or without equipment, and can be incorporated into anyone’s existing workout routine
7. And because you can customize your workouts so easily with circuit training, it’s a great way to prevents boredom while working out
Using The Total Gym for Circuit Training
Circuit training workouts can be performed several ways, but here are a few options:
1. Perform one set of each exercise with minimal rest between exercises.
2. Repeat the circuit 2 or more times.
3. Perform several circuits one after the other with a cardio segment to separate the different circuits.
4. Perform a set number of reps or perform for a set amount of time.
How a workout is performed or created depends on what your workout goal is for that day, and how much time you have to workout.
How to Create Your Own Circuit Workout For the Total Gym
Creating your own circuit routine is simple, and is all about knowing what muscles you want to work out, what your workout goals are, and how much time you’ll have to exercise each day. You can structure your circuits as creatively as you want to make them, and you can choose to use one or many different pieces of equipment – or you could try a bodyweight circuit for an even greater challenge to your muscles.
The Total Gym is a great for doing your circuit training at home and on your own schedule. The simplicity of the Total Gym means that you can quickly transition through your routine, while targeting multiple muscle groups. There really is no right or wrong way to create a circuit workout. Simply choose a few exercises specific to a particular muscle group and get your body in motion!
Circuit Training Routines for the Total Gym
If you’re still not sure how to develop a circuit training routine, we’ve put together some examples of how to arrange the exercises, using a format that focuses on a specific area of the body. Simply determine what the workout goal is, choose an exercise pertaining to that body part, and your circuit is ready to go!
Circuit Example 1:
Goal: legs, arms, core
Circuit Example 2:
Goal: legs, arms, core, cardio drills
Circuit Example 3:
Goal: total body strength utilizing the Total Gym (video of this circuit is provided)`
Total body strength & core circuit:
1. Lateral Lunges
2. Reverse Lunges
3. Knee Tucks
4. Forearm extensions
5. Side plank / outer thigh lift
*change incline 3-4
6. Seated bicep press
7. V ups
8. Shoulders- lat raises
9. Core press
Perform these exercises in this sequence for 15-20 reps or for a set amount of time (ex: 30-60 sec./ exercise). If time permits, repeat the circuit 2-3xs through the exercise sequence.
*To change it up, go through the circuit 1x, then perform it in reverse for the 2nd set (ex: perform exercises 1-9, rest or perform a few minutes of cardio, then perform exercises 9-1).
Circuit training a great way to change up your routine, to burn extra fat, and keep your workouts fresh. The bottom line is that if you want results quickly, circuit training with the Total Gym is your best bet. You will look and feel your best in no time!