The Bikini Boot Camp Plan: Core & Cardio
This is the second week of the series, so if you’re just joining in now, please refer to week 1 blog and video to begin the program from the start!
Week 2’s workout focuses on Core & Cardio movements. Week 1’s workout, Upper Body & Core, will also be performed for two of the days. These workouts are designed to move quickly at a moderate-high intensity pace, depending on your fitness level, using your Total Gym and a few extra accessories.
I have developed an excellent plan to get you into your best bikini season to date! With patience, persistence, motivation, and a positive effort each day, you can accomplish your hot bikini-body goals! Set realistic goals that you can attain. Stay focused on your goal(s) by committing to a daily workout plan, eat clean/ healthy foods, drink plenty of water, and monitor your progress daily!
At the end of this series, you will feel more confident with your body and will have made some positive changes in your muscles to strut around the pool deck!
The ‘Bikini Boot Camp’ is based on a 5-week schedule consisting of:
- Week 1: Upper Body & Cardio
- Week 2: Core & Cardio
- Week 3: Lower Body & Cardio
- Week 4: Pilates & Cardio
- Week 5: Full Body Workout
*Each week, there will be a new post that contains the workout schedule, set exercises, and accompanying video for that week’s specific focus.
*During the 5-week series, the workouts will build upon the previous weeks routine. So learn them well!
*I suggest you take a moment to learn the exercises prior to beginning your workouts focus for the week in order for the circuit to flow quickly and transition smoothly. I also suggest printing each day’s workout for quick reference of the exercise sequence. You will see these workouts again as the week’s progress. Try to follow the instructions each day for every workout!
SCHEDULE FOR WEEK 2: Core & Cardio
*Please perform your choice of cardio and core exercises for day 6
BIKINI BOOT CAMP
FOCUS: Core & Cardio
Instructions: Perform the Bikini Boot Camp Series in circuit format for each workout (one exercise after the other with little to no rest between each movement). Each movement is listed on the exercise list/schedule and will show you when to repeat the sequence!
- Follow the workout schedule provided each day.
- Aim to perform this strength workout on 3 non-consecutive days.
- Day 1: perform the first 8 Core & Cardio exercises for 2-3x.
- Day 2: perform the first 7 Upper Body & Cardio exercises 2-3x.
- Day 3: perform the next 8 Core & Cardio exercises 2-3x.
- Day 4: perform the next 7 Upper Body & Cardio exercises 2-3x.
- Day 5: perform the entire list of Core & Cardio exercises (all 16 movements) twice through!
- Day 6: perform 30-60 min of Cardio & Core movements of your choice.
- Equipment Needed: Total Gym/ AbCrunch, Hand Weights, Small Play Ball.
Warm-Up: 2-5 minutes with movements of your choice
Core & Cardio Circuit: Perform each exercise 10-15 Reps; Repeat 2-3x though depending on your fitness level and workout time.
- Standing side bends (elbows behind head) – For advanced: add weights
- Small ball crunches – For advanced: perform on top of ball
- Crunch & punch (Small ball btw knees) – For advanced: add weights
- Incline Mt. Climbers Combo – For advanced: open glide board – Cardio
- Pike ups (face away from tower) – For advanced: perform on a single leg
- Plank reaches (face tower) – For advanced place: feet on small ball
- Prone Back Extensions – For advanced: add weights for side arm raises
- 2 Jump Squats, 2 Lunge Drops (floor) – CARDIO
- Cable Chops (seated/ kneeling)
- Cable Leg Lowers – (For advanced: lift hips)
- Cable Back Extension Sweeps (prone)
- AbCrunch Knee Tucks Front
- AbCrunch Knee Tucks Side
- Running Up-Up/ Down- Down (on Glideboard) – Cardio
- 2 Jacks / 2 Defenses (floor) – Cardio
- Step Up Hops (on Glideboard) – Plyo-Cardio
Low-Med Level – Attach Cable
Med level – Attach AbCrunch
Stretches: Cool-down with light cardio &/ or simple flexibility movements to recover your muscles. Hold each stretch 10-30 seconds.
Please refer to the accompanying video to see how the exercises are performed.
Remember To Stay Hydrated With Water
Before we get into this weeks workout focus and exercise schedule, I’d like to discuss how important it is to keep your body hydrated daily, especially as the weather gets hotter. Here are hydration facts to remind you how essential it is:
- Performer Enhancer– Water helps you to perform daily tasks/workouts optimally.
- Survival – Your body cannot survive without sufficient water. You need it to function efficiently daily and prevent dehydration.
- Body Essentials – Your body needs water to aid in digestion, transport nutrients to and from cells, and discard waste.
- Replenish Sweat Loss – Your body is composed of mostly water. In warmer weather your body absorbs heat from your muscles and sweats to keep you from overheating.
- Water is Beautifying – Your body heals inside and out by flushing toxins. This cleansing effect helps with weight loss, glowing skin, and helps your mind think more clearly.
Good luck with this week’s workout plan. It’s a lot to learn, but you will get more familiar and comfortable with the workouts every time you perform them. You will also be able to recognize some of your strengths and weaknesses to improve upon.
Continue to stay focused and keep the motivation high with your goals in mind! This Bikini Boot Camp Series should have you on your way to achieving your best bikini body for the summer season! Stay tuned for week 3 of the program!