If you had 7 minutes to train your body, what would you do?!
So often we think that a workout must consist of so much more than it needs to, especially when time could be the issue.
Strength training is important for enhancing the overall health and well-being for people of all ages and fitness levels. Beginning a resistance program can initially feel intimidating, but once you get started with a good plan, it eventually becomes a part of your daily life! Plus, there are so many health benefits to “pump it up” that outweigh the bad.
Here are some benefits and reasons of why you should strength train.
- Defines, tones, & strengthens muscle mass
- Increases joint stability & range of motion
- Increases bone density
- Enhances body awareness
- Boosts energy
- Enhances self confidence
Reasons Why to Strength Train:
- Burns more calories: more muscle mass = a metabolic boost to burn more, even at rest!
- Handle stress better: release of endorphins results in decrease in tension, anxiety, stress = happier you!
- Heart Helper: strength training = healthy heart
- Better posture: improves core muscles that assist in posture = slimmer, taller, more aligned appearance
- Enhances focus: boosts brain health = clearer thoughts & decisions
- Sleep better: more rest = more energy
Effective, Efficient Exercise Plan
When working out might not be your top priority, and excuses of why you have no time tend to flow through your mind, try to reconsider your thoughts and energy into a solid 7-minute workout!
Think about this…
- 7 minutes of functional strength
- 7 main muscle groups (legs, shoulders, chest, back, biceps, triceps, core)
- 7 days in a week
- 7 exercises for each main body part
- 14 reps, 1 set (unless you want to perform more!)
Sometimes, less is more and that might be just enough for you!
I challenge you to try this 7-minute challenge when you’re pressed for time. You will be amazed at how well your body responds with a lot of effort put forth in a little time.
Note: this is a quick workout that targets your entire body in minimal time. It is enough to maintain strength and perform most days of the week, however, if you have a specific goal you are trying to achieve, more training time and variety of workouts should be included into your program to accomplish your specific fitness goals.
*Please watch the video to see how these exercises are performed.
When you’re in the pinch of time and the thought of working out may stress you out, give a second thought to jump on board your Total Gym for 7 efficient minutes! It’s really all you need to “train & maintain” your muscles when time is of the essence!
http://www.groovysweatstore.com (purchasable workout videos)
http://www.youtube.com/groovysweat (workout clips)