Create a new holiday tradition of wellbeing this season!
I’m talking about a movement experience that they will always associate with you on your Total Gym equipment. It could be something different for your friend who spends her Sunday nights in a robe and a face mask while watching Netflix, for your cousin who loves trying out new workout trends, or for your mom who could seriously use a stretch session…
It’s the perfect way to share something you love on equipment they may not have. The experience may be so fun that they want to make it a weekly workout party or even purchase their own Total Gym!
So why not give your loved ones time to experience a workout with you rather than gifting them another gadget they will soon forget?
EXPERIENCE vs POSSESSIONS
Looking, deciding, wrapping, delivering… Too often gift-giving feels like a chore. Rethink your giving strategy this season with more meaningful gifts. Research shows that people value experience far more than material possessions.
A special offering of you planning a ‘workout get-together’ may capture your friends’ attention. It’s time spent together to accomplish a common health goal and work off extra calories! Plus, it’s a great excuse to escape from the stress of the holiday hustle and engage in something that benefits your health.
Here’s are 3 reasons why gifting experiences rather than ‘things’ is better this holiday season:
- Strengthens your relationships by socially connecting.
- Makes the recipient feel special and has more meaning.
- Your loved ones will learn, experience and improve from the experience.
And here are a few benefits that result when gifting a movement experience:
- Share your knowledge
- Keeps you accountable
- Socialize while sweating it out
- Chance to challenge each other
- Determined to achieve a common goal
- Make it a party by playing some great tunes
- Replenish & rehydrate with a healthy greens juice
Movement is inspiring. It’s amazing what the human body can achieve. If a little sweat session isn’t enough, and your friends expect a gift to open, you can always wrap up something that relates to your workout experience such as a sweat towel, yoga mat, a head band, or a simple recipe book.
THE GIFT OF MOVEMENT WORKOUT
This workout experience is composed of 6 basic exercises that highlight the Total Gym. They are simple for first time users and efficiently work the muscles simultaneously. Your Total Gym equipment will be a real crowd pleaser!
Be the Trainer:
- This is your chance to be the trainer and highlight your workout skills to your friends.
- Adjust the incline according to their strength level.
- Perform a quick dynamic warm-up so the muscles are to work.
- Demonstrate the exercise, then have your friend give it a go.
- Cue them to move with control so they feel safe and achieve the correct form.
- Once they feel confident and ready for more, try to perform the partner circuit.
- Conclude the workout with a series of stretches to prevent soreness.
(High incline & attach squat stand)
- Squats variations + jumps
(Lower incline, remove squat stand, & attach cables)
- Seated torso chops
- Surfer row
- Bicep curls
- Pullover crunch
- Hi-low serving
- If you intend to show off your Total Gym in workout style, then I suggest performing it as a partner circuit. While one is on the equipment, the other will watch, observe, and perform a floor exercise OFF of the equipment.
- After a set period of time or reps, you switch places, taking turns on/ off the equipment, until the circuit is completed.
- Choose an exercise your friend does while you’re on the Total Gym. Exercise examples; squats, lunges, jumping jacks, superman, or my favorite, a plank hold!
- Aim to perform 15-20 reps per exercise or time the sets for 30-45+ seconds.
Be sure to check out the video to see how these exercises are performed so that you and your friends can have a magical movement experience.
Sharing is caring. Gift your loved ones of the best things in life, the ability to move freely. They will be grateful and inspired in the process.
Cheers & best to you this season.