Personally, snacking at night time would cause me to ruin my day of healthy eating simply because I wasn’t prepared. Planning out healthy snacks to have on hand has been a game changer in my healthy food plan. I wanted to share three of my all-time favorite quick and healthy night-time snacks. These are perfect if you need something quick, easy, healthy, but still delicious.
A bliss ball is simply a snack ball that is made out of healthy ingredients and designed to be an easy grab and go treat. I love how you can switch up the recipe and have all different types of bliss balls year round. Of course, because fall is almost here, our bliss ball recipe has pumpkin!
Pumpkin is a great source of fiber, potassium, and even vitamin C. We also included dates, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped walnuts, and unsweetened coconut flakes. This snack is packed with fiber, protein, iron, and several other nutrients to leave you filling satisfied.
- 1 cup of pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoons of nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoons of ground cloves
- Place the dates into a small bowl and cover with water.
- Let soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the walnuts into a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, including the soaked dates.
- Pulse until combined.
- Adjust the spices to taste.
- Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Use your hands to form the dough into small balls.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Roasted Chickpeas Crunch
I absolutely love roasted chickpeas when I want something with a bit more crunch. These are so great for a night-time snack and are loaded with nutrients. Chickpeas are packed with so much protein that you’ll be full from this snack time favorite.
- Can opener
- Dishtowel or paper towels
- Measuring spoons
- Baking sheet
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon of salt
2 to 4 teaspoons of spices or finely chopped fresh herbs, like chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, or other favorite spices and herbs
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas: Open the cans of chickpeas and pour the chickpeas into a strainer in the sink. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Dry the chickpeas: Pat the chickpeas very dry with a clean dishtowel or paper towels. They should look matte and feel dry to the touch; if you have time, leave them to air-dry for a few minutes.
- Remove any chickpea skins that come off while drying, but otherwise don’t worry about them.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and salt: Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Stir with your hands or a spatula to make sure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes: Stir the chickpeas or shake the pan every 10 minutes. A few chickpeas may pop – that’s normal.
- The chickpeas are done when golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.
- Toss the chickpeas with the spices: Sprinkle the spices over the chickpeas and stir to coat evenly. Serve while the chickpeas are still warm and crispy.
- They will gradually lose their crispiness as they cool, becoming addictively chewy.
Cacao Chocolate Pudding
This may be my all-time favorite easy snack. I love how amazing the ingredients are for healthy fats, potassium, magnesium, and fiber. This hits all the chocolate cravings while still being healthy. I make this at the beginning of the week and I enjoy a small bowl often.
- 1 avocado
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened raw cacao
- 3 dates soaked
- 2 tablespoon of almond milk
- Place the dates in a bowl with hot water. This helps let them soften.
- Once soft, add dates to your blender and blend with 1 – 2 tablespoon of water to make a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Refrigerate your cacao chocolate pudding for 30 minutes.
I hope you loved these three healthy snacks. They are perfect if you are in school or have a busy schedule. I also love that these are great all throughout the year! They truly are staples in our home.