HOLIDAY HUSTLE PART 2 - CARDIO BLASTDon’t let the holiday’s throw you off your healthy routine. Continue your healthy habits by performing quick and efficient workouts that maximize your efforts while keeping up with the holiday hustle of the season.
This workout program will keep your body on track with a series of workouts that challenge your muscles and helps burn off those extra holiday calories.
The holiday series is broken down into five workouts, each having a primary focus:
1. Total Body - click for part 1
2. Cardio Blast
3. Lower Body
4. Upper Body & Core
5. Flow Fusion [yoga and Pilates movements]
These routines can be performed individually or combine them together for a longer workout session. The best part is that you can keep them short and sweet by doing one complete set, or extend your workout time by performing multiple sets.
#2 CARDIO BLAST WORKOUTThis cardio blasting circuit will put that hustle in your muscle by burning off extra holiday calories.
• Dynamically warm-up your muscles before performing the circuit.
• Perform 10-20 reps of each exercises, 3 sets. (approximately 3-5 minutes)
• Move directly into the circuit.
Set Up: squat stand attached / high level
Warm-up Exercises1. Step up/ knee up
• Face away from the tower and perform the exercise by stepping onto the glideboard.
• Performed on your Total Gym with the squat stand accessory.
• Vary your foot stance to warm-up different angles of the muscle.
3. Single leg squat
• Keep the knee tracking the toes on the squat
*Feel free to add in other exercises that dynamically warm-up your muscles.
[CARDIO CIRCUIT]• Perform exercises in circuit format until completed
• SETS: Perform at least 2 sets, the first is on the right side, 2nd set is on the left side.
• REPS: 10-15 reps per exercise OR time each exercise for 60 seconds.
• Repeat circuit again if time permits.
Circuit Exercises1. Jump squats
2. Single leg jumps [option to alternate legs]
3. Star jumps
4. Jog crunch
5. Oblique crunches (body and legs are angles on squat stand)
REPEAT LEFT SIDE
[COOL-DOWN]End your workout with a series of stretches that lengthen the muscles or foam roll to recover your muscles to properly prepare you for your next workout.
Check out the video to see how to perform these cardio exercises on your Total Gym.
Stay tuned for a killer legs workout.
Happy Holiday Hustling,