HOLIDAY HUSTLE PART 4 – UPPER BODY AND COREDon’t let the Holiday season freeze your goals to stay in shape!! Heat things up by prioritizing some, quick, efficient, easy-to-follow work-outs that will be sure to keep you feeling like Frosty! These workouts will not only burn calories, but they give you more energy and manage the stress of the Holiday Hustle.
HOLIDAY HUSTLE SERIESThe Holiday Hustle workouts will help you can stay on your fitness and holiday game. The series is broken down into five workouts, each having a primary focus:
1. Total Body - Click to see part 1
2. Cardio Blast - Click to see part 2
3. Lower Body - Click to see part 3
4. Upper Body & Core
5. Fusion Flow
Be sure to check out the previous blogs if you happened to miss them.
#4 UPPER BODY & CORE WORKOUTDeveloping upper body strength and core power will come in handy when carrying those shopping bags!
Warm-up Directions:• Dynamically warm-up your muscles before performing the circuit.
• Perform 10 reps of each exercise, 2-3 sets.
• Move directly into the circuit.
Circuit Directions:• Perform exercises in circuit format until completed.
• REPS: Perform 10-15 reps per exercise OR time each exercise for 60 seconds.
• SETS: Perform 2 sets, the first is on the right side, 2nd set is on the left side.
• Repeat circuit again if time permits.
[WARM-UP]Set up: medium level
1. Incline Plank Mt. Climbers
2. Forearm Plank Slides
3. Incline Push-ups
[UPPER BODY & CORE CIRCUIT]Perform ALL exercises on 1 side, then repeat on other side.
1. Torso Chops (right side)
2. Hi-Low Back Fly
3. Alternate Bicep Curl & Tricep Press Back
5. Circle Crunch
REPEAT LEFT SIDE
[COOL-DOWN]End your workout by performing a few upper body and core stretches. Examples; cat/cow, forward fold, shoulder stretches.
Check out the video to see how to perform these upper body and core exercises on your Total Gym.
Put some muscle behind that hustle to accomplish all your holiday tasks and keep your health on track!