How to Motivate Yourself to Workout
Summer went by like a flash. If you’re feeling tempted to send your summer workout plan off into the sunset, don’t. Dedication to a workout plan now means not having to play catch up later. Consistency is king when it comes to maintaining a healthy workout plan and achieving optimal body results. When you are loyally following a fitness routine, the feel-good endorphin rush will become something you actually look forward to. Here are some easy and fun ways to stay motivated and stay active.
Workout Motivation: Inspiration
Stay motivated to work out by tacking up motivational workout quotes and images in places you just can’t avoid them. Places to put your motivational workout quotes include:
• The bathroom mirror
• The inside door of your closet or armoire
• The food pantry door
• A cell phone or computer screensaver
• The fridge
In lieu of a 24/7 personal fitness guru, these crumbs of workout motivation scattered throughout your home will keep you following your workout plan when you’re tempted to go astray.
Some Favorite Motivational Workout Quotes:
• “Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.” –Bonnie Pfiester
• “If you’re sick of starting over, stop quitting.” –Unknown
• “It does not matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop.” –Confucius
• “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes, courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” –Mary Anne Radmacher
• “Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.” –Henry Ford
• “The greatest wealth is health.” –Virgil
Workout Motivation: Innovation
In the dog days of summer, getting off the porch may mean thinking outside the box. A little creativity can provide added motivation for sticking to a workout plan.
• Keep it professional: Block out your workout plan on the calendar. Make each workout a non-negotiable appointment, a can’t-miss meeting with yourself.
• Fund raise: Start a “Workout Jar.” Each time you work out, add a dollar to it. When you reach a fitness goal, buy yourself something fabulous!
• Eye of the tiger: If you have seen “Rocky,” you know the motivational force of a good soundtrack. Make your own workout soundtrack! Build a playlist of motivational songs timed to the length of your workout. When the music stops, your workout is complete.
Staying Motivated in the Heat of Summer
I hate math, but here’s a last motivational push to keep you going even in the lazy haze of summer’s end. There are 1,440 minutes in a day. When you work out for 30 minutes a day, you are committing just two percent of your day’s total minutes. With 98% of the day still free, can you really say you don’t have time? Don’t falter on your workout plan. Remember: There are seven days in a week, and someday isn’t one of them!
What are your workout motivation tips?
Did this article help? We’d love to hear from you!
Like Total Gym Direct on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for great workout ideas and healthy living ideas you can do!