Protein … we need it, and can’t live without it, especially for achieving specific fitness goals. The power of protein is what ‘does your body good’. It supplies fuel
for sustained energy and ultimately helps burn fat while developing lean muscle mass.
Benefits of Protein
A weight loss journey, maintenance program, or healthy diet requires protein to help in the process. Here are a few excellent reasons why protein can be your weight loss and maintenance pal:
- Satisfies & Saves Calories– Protein helps you feel fuller longer by a slower digestion process. As this process continues daily, over time, you will consume fewer calories, which can help with weight loss.
- Curbs Appetite– Consuming protein with carbohydrate- rich foods prevent carb overloading and high/ low energy crashes. This combination allows the body to absorb sugars from your stomach into your bloodstream at a slower rate, which helps prevent food cravings.
- Protein Requires Greater Energy Production– Our bodies naturally require energy to digest food into small, absorbable components. Protein has a higher absorption rate compared to carbs and fats meaning your body burns more calories to process protein. This is one reason you may feel fuller longer.
- Protein Fuels Fat Burning– A scientific fact of fat burning is that your body cannot effetely burn and use fat as energy without the assistance of carbohydrates or protein. Unfortunately, when attempting to lose weight, both muscle and fat is being lost. Therefore, it’s important to continue toeat supple amounts of protein in your diet to burn fat stores while preserving lean muscle.
- Promotes Muscle Repair & Development– Your muscles need protein most after intense exercise or activity to repair and promote lean muscle mass. Your muscles are sensitive to nutrients most post workout, so fuel them properly to reap the benefits of all your hard work!
Protein is very important to achieving your fitness goals; however eating it alone won’t necessarily shed excess weight completely. If you consume too much protein at a time, your body cannot digest it properly and it becomes stored as fat. Plus, it could put unnecessary strain on the kidneys over a period of time. Protein requirements should be about 20% of your total calories.
Balance is always key.
Total Gym® FIT BLAST Protein
Total Gym’s all-new FIT BLAST protein is a convenient and effective meal replacement to help fuel and nourish your body, assist in weight loss, and provide nourishment for an overall healthy lifestyle, plus it tastes great too! The FIT BLAST comes in a French vanilla flavor, which is perfect to drink alone or blend up with other ingredients! This protein features great nutrients and holds a valid reputation of why adding it into your daily diet would be so good for you!
- Contains 24 essential daily vitamins & minerals
- 17g time-released protein blend with WHEY PROTEIN & MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE
- Boosts fat-burning with Garcinia Cambogia (a tropical fruit that helps promote weight loss)
- Contains probiotics
- Supports digestive & immune health
- Assists in lean muscle development
- Curbs hunger for hours
- Tastes delicious alone or with other ingredients
- Convenient & affordable $29.95 ($1.19 / shake, with auto delivery!) Can’t beat that!
3 Delicious Protein Recipes
There are so many ways to incorporate this protein powder into your daily diet. You can blend up a great drink or even use it in recipes you already make. Here’s a few great summer shake recipes I love and hope you will enjoy it too!
*Check out the video demonstration of how simple a shake can be made.
Make protein part of your weight loss or muscle development journey by getting the correct amounts daily. There are so many delicious recipes to try, you really cannot go wrong!
http://www.groovysweatstore.com (purchasable workout videos)
http://www.youtube.com/groovysweat (workout clips)