LOSE A DRESS SIZE IN 4 WEEKS: WEEK 1
You’ve been invited to an upcoming event, and it requires you to dress to impress! You have your eye on a stunning new outfit, but now comes the hard part… fitting into it comfortably! I hate to break it to you, but wishing for extra poundage to disappear overnight doesn’t make it happen. Instead, take action by setting realistic goals that rev up your workouts and be disciplined with the foods you eat. With the Lose a Dress Size series, you have 4 weeks to make it happen. Are you ready for the challenge?
First you need to set your goal. Next, set some realistic steps on how you will approach it. Doing the prep work ahead of time can make all the difference in tackling your goals.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR LOOSING A DRESS SIZE:
1. Plan Ahead – All successful goals are accomplished by developing a plan of action. This starts with the desire to accomplish a goal and then determining the ways to do so.
2. Healthy Food Options – Choose foods that are rich in nutrients and fuel your body so that you have energy for your daily tasks. Try to plan your meals the night before. Have them determined and prepared for the next day to help you stay on track and avoid unhealthy temptations during the day. Aim to eat lots of green vegetables, lean proteins, and small amounts of fruit. Be sure to check out some healthy recipes on the Total Gym Nutritional Blog. This will give you some great ideas on how to prepare healthy meals and snacks.
3. Workout Attire – Take the time to lay out your fitness gear the night before so it’s packed and ready for the gym or waiting for you when you come home!
4. WOD – Have a specific ‘Workout of the Day.’ Planning what muscles you train on certain days can save you from wasting time during the workout.
5. Set A Date – Give yourself a set period of time to accomplish your goals. This will keep you motivated and determined to accomplish what you’re working towards.
Your goal to lose a dress size in four weeks is obtainable but remember that both good nutrition and a good workout plan are essential. The exact amount of weight you need to lose to drop a dress size depends on the individual. Plan to lose between 1-2 pounds per week by choosing to eat clean and doing the workouts provided. Please note that no two body types are the same and weight comes off differently for each person. Be patient with yourself and stay focused on your goal to lose one complete dress size in four weeks time!
Here are a few simple tips that will kick-start your ‘dropping a dress size’ goals in the right direction:
TIPS TO GET STARTED:
1. Keep it simple – Stick to a healthy clean diet of salads/green veggies and lean proteins. Raw fruits and veggies provide a feeling of being full and are metabolized quickly by your body.
2. Avoid anything white – For example: breads, flour, sugars, pasta, rice, salty and fried foods, alcohol, and sodas.
3. Keep your workouts fresh and fun – Change up your routine each day so your body is exposed to different movements and you can excel at optimal levels.
4. Stay focused with your daily goals – Pay attention to what you are accomplishing each day as your goals may change depending on your schedule, your diet, and your workout.
5. Accept reality over hopefulness – Choosing to lose weight is a personal commitment. You may be ambitious about achieving your goals, but be realistic to avoid disappointment.
THE WORKOUT PLAN:
A weekly workout calendar is provided to keep your workouts on track. It indicates the type of workout and exercises to perform on each day of the week. Each week, a new series of exercises and workouts will be added to change up the routines. This week, follow the workout provided for week 1 in the calendar provided.
During these four weeks, we will perform two methods of training to burn, sculpt, and tone the pounds off.
A. Circuit Training – Performing a series of exercises one after the other then repeating the series.
B. Interval Training – alternating cardio, strength, core, and drills to intensify the challenge.
WEEK 1’s WORKOUT:
There are three strength and core days planned for this week. As the week progresses, the exercises change slightly and a few more are added. Perform each exercise one after the other in circuit format for 15-20 reps. Do this circuit routine 1-2 times through using good form and full range of motion.
*View the video to see a demonstration of the exercises.
Along with the strength days, please incorporate 4-5 cardio sessions ranging from 30-60 minutes. Including extra cardio days will help you burn more calories, more fat, and condition your body more quickly.
THE WORKOUT CALENDAR: WEEK 1
EQUIPMENT: TOTAL GYM
Good Luck Always,
This Post Has One Comment
SRaynor6 Sep 2014
Thanks! When will you start making full DVDs? I would buy!