LOSE A DRESS SIZE IN 4 WEEKS: WEEK 3
If you’ve been following along with the Lose a Dress Size in 4 Weeks series then you’re halfway there! Just joining in? No problem. You can jump in with the Week 3 workout plan, but I recommend starting at the beginning with Week 1.
By now you are probably starting to see and feel a difference in your body, especially if you’ve been choosing healthy foods and sticking to the weekly workout plans.
Dropping a full dress size is not easy, but it’s entirely possible if you stay motivated and focused on your goal!
TIPS FOR DROPPING A DRESS SIZE:
1. Add energized cardio drills to ramp up the calories and fat burned.
2. Eat colorful foods to trick your brain to eat half as much!
3. Eat good fats to melt away body fat! “Good fats” (including salmon, nuts, and avocado) slow down fat storage and reduce body fat.
4. Laugh! Laughing strengthens your abdominal muscles and releases stress by creating good endorphins.
5. Find your balance: Remember the phrase “everything in moderation.” Don’t deprive yourself of what you love.
6. Focus on what you’re putting in to get what you want out! Diet is 80% of the work; the other 20% comes from your workouts. Food nourishes your body and gives you energy each day so make good choices when it comes to what you eat.
7. Detox by drinking water with lemon and snacking on cleansing foods such as celery, fennel, and grapefruit.
8. Combine detoxing with a high intensity workout to burn your fat metabolizers!
9. Keep your body guessing to get the most out of your workout. Mix it up by alternating the intensity, muscles worked and equipment used.
10. Get on the ball! Adding stability ball exercises to your routine helps strengthen your core and enhance your posture and balance. Try using your ball as a chair at work! This will improve your posture, burn extra calories, and engage the muscles in your core all day! (This week’s intervals include stability ball exercises.)
THE WORKOUT PLAN:
Follow the weekly workout calendar provided below. It indicates the type of workout and the exercises to be performed on each day of the week. A new series of exercises and workouts is added every week to change up the routine.
Along with the strength days, please incorporate 4-5 cardio sessions ranging from 30-60 minutes. Including extra cardio days will help you burn more calories, more fat, and condition your body more quickly.
*View the video to see a demonstration of the exercises.
THE WORKOUT CALENDAR: WEEK 3
EQUIPMENT: TOTAL GYM, STABILITY BALL
Good Luck Always,