LOSE A DRESS SIZE IN 4 WEEKS : WEEK 4
Shrink your waist… whittle the middle… kick those extra fluffy pounds to the curb!!! That should be enough mental motivation to keep you on track to lose weight fast and slip into your sexy dress. We are well into the ‘Lose a Dress Size’ series, with just one week to go. I must ask, how are you feeling mentally and physically? Are you eating clean and keeping up with the weekly workouts?
Here are a few extra tips to keep you motivated and soaring ahead to accomplish your workout goals.
TIPS FOR DROPPING A DRESS SIZE:
1. Incorporate intervals of cardio and strength to blast extra fat.
2. Try to eat as many raw foods as possible. Leafy green salads, raw veggies or grapefruit help rev up the digestion process, therefore you’re less likely to bloat!
3. Start the day off right; make time for a good breakfast that includes protein and veggies. Try scrambled eggs with parsley or spinach.
4. Follow through – If you’re a morning person, schedule time to complete your workout before you start your day. If that’s not an option, be sure to make the time later in the day to sweat it out! Either way, make yourself follow through with your workout plan!
5. Ditch the latte! Research from The Register of Exercise Professionals indicates that a daily latte can add 9 lbs a year to your overall weight!
6. Ban the booze! Alcohol contains empty calories and can pack on weight around the middle! Being social does not mean you have a whole bottle of wine, a case of beer, or a large sugary daiquiri! Try a vodka and soda with fresh lime or top your wine off with soda. Moderation is key.
7. “A moment on the lips is forever on the hips.” Sadly, this is a statement worth remembering when you feel inclined to dive into the desserts or a bag of chips! Ask yourself, is it really worth it?
8. Our #7 tip leads me to a great point. Desserts (sweet or salty) are tasty and a comfort food for many, but eating them often results in problems. ‘Desserts’ spelled backwards is STRESSED! Stress is a killer because it can lead to so many diseases. When stress occurs, the body is off-balance and unable to fend off other negative life influences. Bottom line, try to avoid dessert foods and keep your stress levels low to help your body stay balanced.
THE WORKOUT PLAN:
Follow the weekly workout calendar provided below. It indicates the type of workout and the exercises to be performed on each day of the week.
Along with the strength days, please incorporate 4-5 cardio sessions ranging from 30-60 minutes. Including extra cardio days will help you burn more calories, more fat, and helps condition your body more quickly.
*View the video to see a demonstration of the exercises.
EQUIPMENT: TOTAL GYM, HAND WEIGHTS, STABILITY BALL
Finish this week strong! Your final test, is to slip on that dress and see your hard work pay off!!!
Good Luck Always,