Trim Down For Spring
Get ready to ‘spring’ into action with a workout series that will slim, tone, and condition your body! I have created a 2-week Spring Slim Down Series that will help condition and tone your body! Now is the time to condition your body to look and feel great than now!
This is the second week of the Slim Down Series, so if you’re just joining in now, please refer back to the Slim Down for Spring – Week 1 blog and video!
This week’s workout is a combination of butts, guts, and cardio cuts movements! The workout is designed to move quickly at a moderate-high intensity pace using your Total Gym.
WEEK 2: Butts, Guts, & Cardio Cuts
- On Monday, perform the first four exercises for 2-3 times through.
- On Wednesday, perform the next four exercises for 2-3 sets.
- On Friday perform the entire list of twice through!
- Perform the Slimming Cardio on days alternating
Including essential cardio into your Slim Down program is a vital part of your big picture of health. The cardio selection and timing per session will differ for each individual. You can do your favorite cardio workout, such as power walking or running outside, biking, playing sports, using the treadmill, swimming, burpees, or cardio on your Total Gym. Anything that will get your heart rate up!
The more cardio sessions you put in, the faster you will feel the results. Lastly, add variety to your cardio sessions by changing the activity performed, the intensity of the session, and the duration each day. This will keep your muscles guessing, your mind entertained, and your body motivated to accomplish your fitness goals!
The Slim Down Workout: Butts, Guts, & Cardio Cuts
2-5 Minute Warm-Up:
- Jack squats
- Toe touches
- Alternating toe touch & rotate
- Plié knee up twist
- Lateral lunge & reach
Slim Down Circuit
Perform each exercise for 10-15 reps, for 2-3 circuits.
- Bridge presses on the Squat Stand (glutes/ hamstrings)
- Rev lunge & pulse (lower leg)
- Inner thigh slides (inner thigh)
- Side Kneeling leg circles (outer thigh/ hip mobility)
- Plank hop overs with your hands on the glide board (cardio & core)
- Single leg hip extensions on the squat stand (glutes, hamstrings & core)
- Cable kick-backs (glutes/ hamstrings)
- Cable inner thighs (inner thigh & core)
- Down dog leg pulses (glutes/ hamstrings & core)
- Donkey kicks (cardio & core)
Stretches and Cool Down:
Cool down with some simple flexibility movements to recover your muscles. Hold each stretch 10-30 seconds.
- Lateral lunge & rotate
- Runners lunge
- Seated twist
- Figure 4
- Straddle down
*Bonus Video Clip: The accompanying video demonstrates the Butts, Guts, & Cardio Cuts exercises. Following the demonstration, I perform the entire workout twice through as directed for Day 3. Enjoy the follow along!
Optional Week 3: Both Workouts (Bonus Video Clip)
Try to perform a third week of the Spring Slim Down Series by following the workout schedule listed above. It incorporates both routines of Abs, Arms, & Action along with Butts, Guts, & Cardio Cuts by alternating the workouts throughout the week.
- Combine weeks 1 & 2 by alternating the workouts each day
- Frequency: 4 days/ week
- Slimming Cardio: 1-3 days/ week
- Day 1: Abs, Arms, & Action (strength exercises 1-4)
- Day 2: Butts, Guts, & Cardio Cuts (strength exercises 1-5)
- Day 3: Abs, Arms, & Action (strength exercises 5-8)
- Day 4: Butts, Guts, & Cardio Cuts (strength exercises 6-10)
- * Same warm-up & cool-down for all workouts
This Slim-Down Series is a great way to prepare your body for more rigorous routines and to get ready for the warmer season! It’s an excellent way to shock your muscles from your old workouts and a great way to turn your body into a calorie-burning machine!