Transform your workout environment to create your perfect stay-cation retreat. You can create a workout paradise from the comfort of your own home by changing up the vibe with a few simple changes!
CREATING THE WORKOUT VIBE
The atmosphere you workout in plays a role in how you feel and perform. Perhaps you always workout in the same room with the same equipment and music. Maybe the lighting or colors in the space are dark or drab. The smell of a room can also trigger a certain mood. Your senses tell a lot and can affect how you think, feel, and perform.
Creating a certain vibe may take a bit of planning to implement elements you desire.
Here are a few ideas on how to change your environment to appeal to your senses and feel “retreat-like” from home:
- Music: play music that spices up your movements. Try a new Pandora or Spotify play list inspired by your favorite song or artist.
- Noise: you may prefer quietness or natural sounds.
- Colors: is there a color that makes you smile? Maybe a room that has a certain color or feel? Colors can uplift your spirits and give off positive energy.
- Smells: light a candle, use a room diffuser.
- Location: indoors (a room in your home) verses outdoors (porch, backyard, park, beach, trails).
- Parks: parks are a great place to enjoy the outdoors and get a great workout too. The space is usually wide open.
- Temperatures: open a window for fresh air, take your Total Gym outside.
- Lighting: natural light, dim lights, colored lights.
- Sights: if your workout area is messy, it’s time to tidy it up! Mess can be a stress to look at. Try organizing your room or rid of things that may be a distraction to your workout space.
The Stay-cation Retreat Series is a progressive blog series that builds upon the previous workouts by incorporating the circuits together. There are 7 different total body routines for your Total Gym in the series. The final challenge of your stay-cation will combine all the workouts together for one monstrous circuit! What a (repeated) treat!
This is the second workout in the series, so be sure to check out the blog and workout video for the 1st workout.
CARDIO & CORE
You don’t need to travel far for a good sweat. Today’s Stay-cation workout will blast extra calories and condition your core with a series of intervals on your Total Gym.
- Accessories: Total Gym squat stand, timer
- Directions: Choose to perform exercises by reps or timed sets in circuit form.
- REPS: Perform each drill for 20 reps followed by the core exercise for 10 reps.
- TIMED INTERVALS: Perform each cardio drill for 45 secs, followed by 20 secs core exercise.
- Total circuit time = approximately 7 min.
- e.: (1 set =7min, 2 sets =14min, 3 sets =21 min)
- REPEAT 2-3 sets if your workout time permits
- Perform your own dynamic warm-up prior to beginning the circuit.
- End the workout with a series of stretches to recover your muscles.
NOTE: I advise printing or writing out the workout so you can easily reference it to keep the circuit moving at a continual pace.
Medium – High Incline & Squat stand attached
- Cardio: Parallel & turned out jumps (alternate feet in/ out)
- Core: Knee in & out
- Cardio: Side lying lateral hops & lift
- Core: Oblique crunch pulses right/ left
Lower incline & Remove squat stand
- Cardio: Mountain climbers
- Core: Straight arm plank hold 20 sec
- Cardio: Side to side hops
- Core: Straight arm plank hold 40 sec
- Cardio: Plank hop overs
- Core: Forearm plank hold 60 sec
Check out the video to see how these exercises are performed.
Enjoy today’s fast pace cardio and core workout. Stay tuned for the 3rd workout!
Revive with a vibe,