If you feel like you need a break, yet don’t have the time to literally get away, you can conduct your own retreat in the comfort of your home or close proximity to where you live by creating your own magical get-a-way.
I created an 8-day action plan for you to get your body and mind on a rejuvenating track. The setting is key to create a certain vibe. Make small changes to your workout environment for a complete retreat experience.
The Stay-cation Retreat Series is a progressive blog series that builds upon the previous workouts by incorporating the circuits together. There are 7 different total body routines in the series. The final challenge will combine all the Stay-cation workouts together for one monstrous circuit! What a (REpeated) TREAT!
*This is the fourth workout in the series, so be sure to check out the previous blogs and workout videos to start the series from the beginning.
SENSE OF SMELL
Your senses are incredibly tuned in to how your body feels, reacts, and thinks. A smell could trigger a positive experience and remind you of wonderful memories. Or it could have the opposite effect and trigger negative feelings.
Filling the room with a certain aroma can kick up your energy and boost your mood. Essential oils are a perfect solution to add a healing touch by selecting ones that resonate with you. Here’s some great examples and their associated properties:
- Lavender: restless, calming, relaxing, stress relieving
- Lemon: revitalizing, energizing, uplifting, refreshing, cleansing, purifying, hydrating, antioxidant
- Peppermint: boosts energy, uplifts mood, opens airways, promotes circulation, soothes aches
- Blends: mix a few oils together to heal and feel a certain way
Oils can be diffused, applied topically, or ingested. Just make sure you are getting a good quality oil from a reliable source if you ingest them.
For today’s workout, I encourage you to add an element of aroma. If you are sensitive to smells, try opening the window and letting some fresh air filter the room instead. It could have its own sense of rejuvenating power to cleans the air you breathe!
PILATES CORE STRENGTH
Today’s Stay-cation workout will develop strength, length, and tone lean muscles with a Pilates core strength circuit on your Total Gym. Try changing your workout environment by adding a special aroma to your workout.
- Accessories: Total Gym Footbar or squat stand (substitute), cables
- Directions: Perform each Pilates exercise slowly for 10 reps
- Focus on exercise precision, alignment & form, and breath utilization throughout the movement.
- Utilize core control at all times when in motion.
- REPEAT 2-3 cycles if time permits
- End the workout with a series of stretches to recover your muscles.
- CHALLENGE: if your workout time permits, additionally perform day 1’s workout to include extra strength into today’s routine. One set will be plenty!
NOTE: I advise printing or writing out the workout so you can easily reference them to keep the circuit moving at a continual pace.
High incline, footbar connected
- Single Leg Footwork
- Roll Up
- Bridge rolls
- Bridge Presses
Remove footbar, connect cables & lower incline
- Abs series:
- double leg stretch
- straight leg lowers
- Hi-low serving
- Side lying leg lift & single arm row
Check out the video to see how these Pilates exercises are performed.
Enjoy today’s Pilates challenge and all aroma enhanced effects. Stay tuned for the 5th workout that contains another Total Body Rock workout!
Revive with a vibe,