Relaxed, Re-centered, Revived, and Ready for anything… That’s how you should feel after successfully completing the ‘Stay-cation Retreat Series’.
A “Stay-cation” is your own personal way to create an environment that makes you feel as if you are transported to your own special retreat without the need to leave home. This ‘Stay-vacation Retreat Series’ focuses on creating a magical workout experience with a retreat-like vibe!
This is the last blog of the series that recaps it all. Plus, it concludes by offering a workout that combines all the routines into one ultimate challenge.
Remember, to create a spa-like, home-retreat feel, you need to incorporate a certain element or vibe into your workout environment. Let’s review some concepts to integrate into your workout…
- The atmosphere you workout in plays a role in how you feel and perform.
- Plan ahead to implement certain elements to enhance your mood.
IMPORTANCE OF TIME & SELF CARE
- Tapping into your senses can affect how your body feels, reacts, and thinks.
- A smell could trigger a positive or negative experience.
- Incorporate essential oils, candles, or fresh air.
- Music creates a special vibe that energizes your soul and can affect your mood.
- Create a variety of playlists to satisfy certain moods – especially for a killer workout!
COLORS AFFECT YOUR MOOD
- Colors can have an impact on your mood and how you feel.
- Colors can influence your physical, mental and spiritual well-being making it an important aspect for your workouts.
- Consider wearing certain splashes of color to enhance your mood, energy, and
- Prioritize time to relax, recharge, and realign your goals to stay on track.
FREE YOUR MIND
- Include mindful meditation into your daily routine.
- Practice breathing techniques and visualization.
I suggest printing or writing each circuit on a board so you can easily view what exercise comes next.
FULL CIRCUIT & PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
You have learned and completed 7 full body workouts. I challenge you to perform all the circuits together as one big routine. This will be your Ultimate Total Body Challenge. If you’re not ready to take on all the circuits at once, several options are provided below for you to choose from to maximize your own fitness goals.
- Perform the Ultimate Total Body Challenge, all 7 circuits as one workout.
- Perform circuits 1-4 one day. The next day, perform circuits 5-7.
- Perform all even circuits one day and perform all odd circuits the next day.
- Choose 3-5 circuits of your choice to perform for a set time or number of reps.
- Mix & Match! Choose a few exercises and perform them as a new circuit.
NOTE: This workout will work best if you have the exercises printed out or written on a board and know them well so that the workout flows.
- Accessories: cables, squat stand, footbar, pull-up bars
- Directions: Perform each exercise for 10 reps on each side. Continue to the next exercise in circuit form. Take a quick rest after all exercises are completed within each circuit. (noted)
- Perform 1 set of each exercise in the full circuit.
- REPEAT any exercises in the circuit if your workout time permits.
Accessories: Squat stand
High Incline & Squat Stand Connected
- 10 squats, 10 pulses, 10 single leg
- Quadruped Glute Presses
Low-Medium Incline & Connect cables
- Torso Rotation
- Surfer Row & Bicep Curl
- Pullover Crunch & Lateral Raise
CARDIO & CORE
Accessories: Squat stand
Medium – High Incline & Squat stand attached
- CARDIO: Parallel & turned out jumps (alternate feet in/ out)
- CORE: Knee in & out
- CARDIO: Side lying lateral hops & lift
- CORE: Oblique crunch pulses rt/ left
Lower incline & Remove squat stand
- CARDIO: Mountain climbers
- CORE: Straight arm plank hold 20 sec
- CARDIO: Side to side hops
- CORE: Straight arm plank hold 40 sec
- CARDIO: Plank hop overs
- CORE: Forearm plank hold 60 sec
TOTAL BODY ROCK (2)
Accessories: Pull-up bars
Medium- High Incline & connect pull-up bars
- 10 pull ups & 10 pulses
- Straight leg lowers
- 10 pull ups & 10 plyos
- Lateral lunge & pulses
- Decline pushup & knee tuck
PILATES CORE STRENGTH
Accessories: Footbar or squat stand (substitute), cables
High incline, footbar connected
- Single Leg Footwork
- Roll Up
- Bridge rolls
- Bridge Presses
Remove footbar, connect cables & lower incline
- Abs series:
- double leg stretch
- straight leg lowers
- Hi-low serving
- Side lying leg lift & single arm row
TOTAL BODY ROCK (3)
- Step up & leg lift side
Connect cable & lower incline
- Back flies
- Bicep punches
- Circle crunch
- Triceps extension & crunch
CARDIO & CRAZY CORE
Accessories: Squat Stand
High Incline & Squat Stand Attached
- CARDIO: Alternating single leg jump squats & twist crunch
- CORE: Bicycle crunch
- CARDIO: Straight leg kick jumps right leg
- CORE: Crunch kick pulses right side
- CARDIO: Split jumps & crunch
- CORE: Straddle crunch
- CARDIO: Straight leg kick jumps left leg
- CORE: Crunch kick pulses left side
- CARDIO: Alternating rainbow fan kicks & reach
- CORE: Stomp pulses
YOGA STRENGTH & CORE FLOW
Up dog / down dog, chair
Warrior I, plank, down dog – alternate sides
STRENGTH & CORE FLOW
STRENGTH: Warrior 2 extensions
POSE: Revolving warrior 2
STRENGTH: Crescent lunge
POSE: Decline plank hold
STRENGTH: Goddess plié
POSE: Triangle pose
STRENGTH: Cobra extensions
POSE: Bow pose
STRENGTH: Boat pose roll up
POSE: Bridge or wheel
*STRETCH & COOLDOWN*
Check out the video to see how the FULL circuit is performed.
Good luck performing the exercises in today’s ultimate challenge workout!
You really don’t have to leave your home to take your mind and body on a journey. Make the most of your home environment to create something special.
Revive with a vibe,