Hey Total Gym Team, it’s Master Trainer JayDee back with you to showcase another awesome Total Gym accessory. Partnering with Total Gym over the past 14 years has been so rewarding and I have always been blown away with the engineering team. There are 100’s of exercises you can do with the Total Gym but when you add a few of their inventive accessories, the options become endless.
Here are five benefits to consider the Total Gym Cyclo Trainer to add to your home Total Gym:
Yes, doing your resistance training work on your Total Gym will increase your muscle cells and thus your metabolism. When you add a cardio element, especially using intervals which we’ll discuss, your metabolism will truly boost in a synergistic fashion. 1 + 1 = 5. When you combine the two, your efforts are awarded exponentially!
We all know the biggest obstacle to your consistent workouts is time. Yeah, we’re all busy so why not knock two great fitness aspects that will give you more energy and make you even more productive in life.
Not only will interval training save you time, It has been proven to burn almost twice as many calories as steady rate cardio. Also, keeping your ticker guessing throughout your workout has been proven to give you greater benefits to your heart and your brain.
The ergonomically sound position you’re in using the Cyclo Trainer makes it easy on the spine when lying back on the glideboard and is a much kinder position for your hip flexor muscles. Check out the accompanying video and I’ll explain why this is so important in day to day life.
ECONOMICAL AND SIMPLE
The Cyclo Trainer assembles in minutes and simply sits at the bottom of your Total Gym. It is user friendly and is much less costly, and uses much less space than buying any other piece of cardio equipment. (ADD LINK TO THE PURCHASE HERE?)
Click on the video for an awesome, timesaving workout. But here is a written preview whet your appetite:
- 5 Minute cardio warm-up with Abdominal crunches
- Chest Press into alternating single arm Chest Press into Static Equilibrium
- 5 Minute cardio session alternating between 30 seconds with a closed GlideBoard and 30 seconds with an open GlideBoard with increased speed
- Shoulders/ Triceps super-duper-set
- 5 Minute cardio session alternating between 30 seconds with a closed GlideBoard (add oblique crunches) and 30 seconds with an open GlideBoard and increased speed with no crunches – just focus on getting out of breath
- End with Pull-Over Crunches with a bonus Triceps extension
- If you’re feeling saucy and have the time, add another 5-minute fun cardio interval session with 30 seconds going all out until you’re out of breath with a 90 second recovery. As you progress and get in better shape, you can shorten the recovery time.
Hit the shower and then it’s time to conquer the world with all that energy!
Thanks Team – Stay Heathy