Taking a Closer Look at the Total Gym FIT:
Today I will be highlighting the Total Gym FIT, another great product for your home gym, resistance-training program.
One of the things I love about being a Total Gym Master Trainer® and part of the Total Gym family is the ingenuity. The brilliant engineers at Total Gym are continuously improving the product line as well as developing new machines and accessories to expand your workout repertoire. This increases the versatility, adds variety to your training, and keeps your workouts fresh. You will also appreciate that these engineers always consult with the top fitness professionals and physical therapists in the world for input in the process.
All the Total Gym products are based on the philosophy of using your own body weight for an effective full body workout. This, by definition, is “Functional Training”. This has been the biggest buzzword in the fitness industry over the past few years. Yet Total Gym has been preaching and promoting “Functional Training” since Total Gym’s debut in 1974. That’s over 40 years!
Comparing The Total Gym FIT and Total Gym XLS
I train my clients on the XLS and the FIT, both great Total Gyms. Here are some of the features that make the Total Gym FIT worth the extra cost when compared to the XLS.
- The FIT has double the levels of resistance, which increases the variety of your workouts. It also allows you to more specifically dial in the amount of resistance according to your personal fitness goals.
- The awesome AbCrunch accessory is included for unique core and ab exercises.
- The FIT has an auto-lock height adjust system so you can easily change the levels, but always remember the safety hitch pin when adjusting!
- The 2 Piece Wing Bar is also included for wider range of motion and added versatility. It uses the hitch pin so it is simple and quick to attach and remove. Here are some examples of exercises this accessory adds to your workout:
- Wide and narrow grip pull-ups for some great exercises that will improve back strength and overall upper body strength.
- Chin-ups to also work the back but adds a biceps workout to improve arm strength.
- Hamstring curls to target your legs and butt. Check out the accompanying video as I’ll demonstrate one of my favorite compound exercises from this position for some time-saving, multi-tasking.
- Biceps curls to improve arm strength.
- Press-ups. Attach the Wing Bar to the bottom of the FIT for some powerful shoulder and triceps exercises
- The FIT also includes a detachable bracket for the Leg Pulley for added ease when using the accessory.
- 6 instructional DVDs and an Exercise Wall Chart are included.It’s like having an in-home personal trainer without the personal trainer expense!
- It accommodates up to 450 lb. weight capacity, which is a 12.5% increase in comparison to the XLS.
So if it’s time to buy your own Total Gym or upgrade your existing unit, consider the Total Gym FIT for all of its added features and increased versatility. New Year’s is right around the corner and a new, sleek machine might be just what you need to spark your workouts and tackle those New Year’s health and fitness resolutions.
Check out the video for a good peak and demo of the FIT and then go to our website and order yours.
Your body will thank you!